bekijk onze video
The position: Improving, extending and innovating our platform
At Greetz there are 3 teams that focus on front-end development of the e-commerce platform. Two out of three teams work on the responsive website and a specialized team focusses on the HTML editors for online personalization. All these teams develop front-end solutions for a wide array of devices and are closely involved with product development of new digital and physical products. Our editors are built using a combination of TypeScript and AngularJS and we offer two editors; a mobile-optimized editor and a full-featured desktop editor. These editors are delivered as a drop-in package for the mobile phone, tablet and desktop websites in a fully automated continuous delivery stream using Atlassian Bamboo and Grunt. For version control we rely on GitHub and we mainly work, depending on the project, with Gitflow or Feature branch workflow.
Designs are stored as SVG templates inside the Greetz system which can be modified by customers using the HTML5 editors. The accuracy and precision of this design process is extremely important; our products should look the same when they are produced as when they were designed online. Because of this we make use of several proprietary libraries that ensure high performance and an unrivaled customer experience. In the coming months we have a series of important challenges such as (but not limited to) improving performance on mobile devices, rewriting the text layer engine to be able to render content server-side as well as in the browser and the implementation of new physical products.
- We expect that you are as passionate and energized by technology and software development as we are.
- Knowledge of browser engines (such as rendering, reflow, repaint) and technologies (such as WebGL and Canvas) is a pré;
- You have experience working in a Scrum-oriented work environment;
- You stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your area of expertise through conferences, (online) literature, etc.
- You have experience designing and building middle- to large scale, maintainable and modular software platforms;
- You get satisfaction from improving yourself and your team through transparent feedback, code reviews and qualitative measurements;
- You have experience with the full lifecycle of a software product; from user story grooming to delivering working software in a continuous delivery environment;
- You speak and write fluent English and you’re open towards working in a geographically distributed team (with external colleagues).
- A fun, challenging role in a team with like-minded colleagues for a minimum of 32 hours;
- A good salary between € 4.000 and € 6.000, depending on your education and experience, with good growth potential;
- Excellent secondary benefits such as pension, mobile phone compensation, traveling expenses and various insurances;
- 26 vacation days (although we think you won’t want to miss us…)
We have a “flat” organizational structure with short communication lines. At Greetz you’ll find a professional but familial atmosphere and a no-nonsense mentality. The main language in the company is Dutch, but our development teams operate mostly in English. Our office has an open floor plan so that we can quickly get a hold of someone we need. Greetz is one of the most ambitious and innovative e-commerce companies in The Netherlands and has become a well-known contender in the e-commerce business. On a daily basis we bring joy to more than 20.000 products that we make. Not only the online platform, but also the tangible, self-produced gifts that we fabricate in our own production facilities are an important ingredient to success.
Please use our application form below and we are happy to receive your application. Recruiters, for this job posting we won’t be needing your help, acquisition based on this posting is not appreciated.